Caldo de Camaron

Ingredients
2 1lb bags of Cooked shrimp

1 Freshly chopped Roma Tomatoe

2 Garlic Cloves chopped

About 6 medium sized Potatoes, chopped into medium size squares

a handful of rice

6 large carrots, sliced into smaller portions (or as like to buy them already sliced into chips) then you would need a 1 lb bag

2 Knorr chicken Flavor Bouillon

Salt to Taste

Toppings

Avocado

EFinely chopped Cilantro

Limon/Lime


Preparation

Sauted the finely Chopped Garlic Cloves with the Chopped Roma Tomato at the bottom of the Pot, then add the Water about 3/4 full of a medium size pot. Bring to Boil and and add the Carrots, Potatoes, and a handfull of rice; along with the 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, Chicken Boullions and salt to taste.When Carrots and Potatoe are cooked, basically soft in texture or you can poke a fork through them easily, then you will add the Shrimp (I take the tails off, some people cooked it whole).
Let the shrimp cook for about 5 more minutes at medium high.

Then Serve and Garnish with Lime, Cilantro and Avocado Pieces
and Enjoy!!!!

This Recipe Cost me exactly $20.00 and it fed my family of 7 + 1 uncle, 2 abuelitos, 3 cousins who happen to come by when i was cooking. YOu'll find that i dont settled just for your average Macaroni and Cheese when feeding my family, even if I have a budget I like to feed them wholesome, made from scratch meals.
I hope you enjoy my first entry MOre to come and I really look forward to hearing from You.
Sinceramente,
Denny aka "Cooking on a Budget Latina"

Comments

  1. Yumm!we are in our 2 week as week-veggies and I am in search for no meat recipes, i am trying this for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts